Blog Submission Guidelines
Thank you for considering sharing your unique voice and insights with the JAAN Community…
JAAN seeks blog posts by individuals whose writings support JAAN’s mission:
To increase understanding of the disease of addiction and decrease stigma by connecting individuals, families, and professionals across the Jewish spectrum in order to explore the intersection of Judaism and recovery, exchange resources, and support those in crisis.
Who should submit blog posts?
JAAN desires submissions from a broad range of people including:
- Jews in recovery from various addictions
- Family and friends of people struggling with or in recovery from addiction
- Rabbis, cantors, and Jewish educators
- Mental health professionals, treatment professionals, and academic professors
- Authors of books relating to addiction, recovery, and healthy living
What are some examples of topics?
- Relating Torah, Jewish texts, liturgy, philosophy, traditions, rituals, and holidays to addiction and recovery
- Sharing personal stories of recovery
- Sharing personal stories of coping with a family member or friend who has the disease of addiction
- Hope, faith, connection, family, community, t’shuvah, forgiveness, spiritual awakening, mindfulness, overcoming obstacles, communication, gratitude, helping others, and countless other topics.
What are the writing and image guidelines?
- All content must be original – meaning that your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog. You can use ideas and concepts you have written about previously provided the content is new. Discussing the post on your blog, website, or social media while linking to it is encouraged.
- Blog posts are usually between 500 and 1,000 words. Shorter posts may be accepted, however posts in excess of 1,000 words will most likely be rejected.
- Short paragraphs, subheadings, and bulleted lists are some techniques that can make articles easier to read online.
- Images and graphics can be included. Appropriate credit information must be provided.
- If you include links in the body of your post, they must be relevant, and not blatantly marketing-related or self-promotional.
- Submit a bio of 60 words or fewer (with a picture if desired). Links to personal and/or professional websites, blogs, social media profiles, etc. can be included. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can list only your first name or “anonymous.”
- We reserve the right to edit posts for spelling, grammar, and clarity. If there are any major changes needed, you will be asked to review and approve them.
What is the submission process?
- Submit blog posts for consideration as a Word document attachment here.
- If you are including images or graphics, please send in .jpg format.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your submission. Once it is approved for publishing, we will notify you by email before we post the blog live.
- Submission of your post does not guarantee publication.
- As a nonprofit, JAAN does not provide monetary compensation for blog posts.
Jewish Addiction Awareness Network (JAAN)
23052-H Alicia Parkway, #118
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
JAAN is a fiscally sponsored project of Charitable Ventures of Orange County,
a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
© Jewish Addiction Awareness Network (JAAN)